A health provider from a Primary Health Care Clinic (PHCC) in southern Iraq delivers health messages on Patient’s Rights to men collecting salt from the rural area’s dried marshes. The outreach, conducted in 2014, is activity of the USAID Primary Healthcare Project in Iraq (PHCPI), managed by URC. PHCPI provides PHCCs with promotional materials and training skills in order to increase the awareness of the community- especially hard to reach, uneducated and vulnerable groups- of the PHC services available to them and their right to access care.
- Nafa’a Akrawi becomes the 34th PHCC to Achieve Model Clinic Certification
- Al Karkh DOH Sustains TBA - Focused Interventions using PHCPI Training Tools
- Erbil and Rusafa DOHs...
For USAID’s Primary Health Care Project in Iraq (PHCPI), awareness and improvement of vaccination coverage has been a key element in addressing Millennium Development Goal (MDG) 4, which calls for the reduction of child mortality. To support these efforts, USAID/PHCPI has developed...
- USAID/PHCPI’s Epi Info 7 Arabic Translation Added to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Website
- PHCPI Informational Materials Increase IDPs Access to Vaccination
- PHCPI exceeds deliverable timelines and goals
- PHCPI Continues to Support MOH Polio Immunization Campaigns
- PHCPI Concludes Outreach Activities Reaching over 8,000 IDP Families...
- Epi Info Trainers of Trainers in Babil Begin District Trainings
- PHCPI Completes Assessment to Evaluate the Impact of Outreach Activities Report
- KMOH Prepares for Nafei’ Akrawy...
Communicable diseases remain the leading cause of illness, death and disability globally and in Iraq. Even though well-known efficacious responses are available for the control and prevention of these diseases, the capacity for timely detection, confirmation and response actions needs reliable public health...
Beginning in Fiscal Year 2014, PHCPI focused its technical assistance on helping the MOH meet its Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) 4 & 5 of reducing child mortality and improving maternal health in target project areas. The project developed a package of low-cost, high-impact interventions for improving...
- Epi Info TOT Courses Completed for Integration at all Levels
- PHCPI Outreach Activities Reach over 7,000 IDP Families
- Over 61,500 People in Iraq Reached by PHCPI’s Facebook Page...